- Intel Core i5 (12th Gen) i5-12400F Hexa-core (6 Core) 2.50 GHz Processor
- 18 MB L3 Cache
- 64-bit Processing
- 4.40 GHz Overclocking Speed
- Socket LGA-1700
- 12 Threads
Intel designs advanced, high-performance processors for every usage, including enterprise-scale servers, IoT devices, laptops, desktops, workstations, and mobile devices.
Performance that puts gaming first. Compete confidently or get immersed in new worlds with a revolutionary processor architecture that focuses on what matters most – gaming.
Performance beyond the cores. The new processor architecture is also compatible with the latest platform innovations, improving performance throughout your PC.
Ready for what's next. Support PCIe Gen 5 and DDR5 for high-performance components like memory and graphics.
Best-in-class connectivity. Thunderbolt 4 and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6/6E (Gig+) deliver fast transfer speeds and connections to peripherals.
- Intel Core i5 Hexa-core (6 Core) 2.50 GHz processor offers hyper-threading architecture that delivers high performance for demanding applications with improved onboard graphics and turbo boost
- The Socket LGA-1700 socket allows the processor to be placed on the PCB without soldering
- Its 18 MB of L3 cache is good enough to carry routine data and process them in a flash giving you fast and smooth performance
|12th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processors
|Products formerly Alder Lake
|Recommended Customer Price
|$184.00 - $194.00
|# of Performance-cores
|# of Efficient-cores
|Max Turbo Frequency
|Performance-core Max Turbo Frequency
|Performance-core Base Frequency
|18 MB Intel® Smart Cache
|Total L2 Cache
|Processor Base Power
|Maximum Turbo Power
|Embedded Options Available
|Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type)
|Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s
|Max # of Memory Channels
|Max Memory Bandwidth
|Direct Media Interface (DMI) Revision
|Max # of DMI Lanes
|PCI Express Revision
|5.0 and 4.0
|PCI Express Configurations‡
|Up to 1x16+4 | 2x8+4
|Max # of PCI Express Lanes
|Max CPU Configuration
|Thermal Solution Specification
|45.0 mm x 37.5 mm
|Intel® Gaussian & Neural Accelerator
|Intel® Thread Director
|Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost)
|Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported‡
|Intel® Speed Shift Technology
|Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0‡
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology‡
|Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology‡
|Instruction Set Extensions
|Intel® SSE4.1 | Intel® SSE4.2 | Intel® AVX2
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies
|Intel® Volume Management Device (VMD)
|Security & Reliability
|Intel® Standard Manageability (ISM)‡
|Intel® Control-Flow Enforcement Technology
|Intel® AES New Instructions
|Intel® OS Guard
|Execute Disable Bit‡
|Intel® Boot Guard
|Mode-based Execute Control (MBEC)
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)‡
|Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)‡
|Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)‡
- All information provided is subject to change at any time, without notice. Intel may make changes to manufacturing life cycle, specifications, and product descriptions at any time, without notice. The information herein is provided "as-is" and Intel does not make any representations or warranties whatsoever regarding accuracy of the information, nor on the product features, availability, functionality, or compatibility of the products listed. Please contact system vendor for more information on specific products or systems.
- Intel classifications are for general, educational and planning purposes only and consist of Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers. Any use made of Intel classifications are without recourse to Intel and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper ECCN or HTS. Your company as an importer and/or exporter is responsible for determining the correct classification of your transaction.
- Refer to Datasheet for formal definitions of product properties and features.
- ‡ This feature may not be available on all computing systems. Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard, processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory, BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance, and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system configuration.
- Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
- “Announced” SKUs are not yet available. Please refer to the Launch Date for market availability.
- Max Turbo Frequency refers to the maximum single-core processor frequency that can be achieved with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information and applicability of this technology.
- See http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html?wapkw=hyper+threading for more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology.
- Processors that support 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture require an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS.
- Some products can support AES New Instructions with a Processor Configuration update, in particular, i7-2630QM/i7-2635QM, i7-2670QM/i7-2675QM, i5-2430M/i5-2435M, i5-2410M/i5-2415M. Please contact OEM for the BIOS that includes the latest Processor configuration update.